JellyPages.com

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

*The Addition and Subtraction Quiz that we did yesterday is going home today. Students who did not get 15/15 will be doing a retake on Thursday with similar questions. The retake will have 10 questions instead of 15 and I will be taking the best mark out of the two.

*Tonight all students are bringing home their Language notebooks. Students were given 20 minutes today to begin writing a recount about what they did this morning (from the time they woke up to the end of first recess). We discussed as a class that it is important to included details, HOWEVER, details do not need to include every single minute! Below, please find the Success Criteria that students are asked to refer to while writing.

This recount is a practice for the recount we will begin to work on tomorrow.

Success Criteria:
Knowledge and Understanding
I described an event in chronological order.
My writing is about a main idea and has a focused purpose.
I provided information about who, what, when, where, why, and how the event happened.
Thinking
I used an interesting topic sentence that grabbed the reader’s attention.
I included details that described how I felt and what I thought.
I described events using the five senses.
Communication
I used sequencing words to help organize my ideas.
My paragraphs were written in past tense.
I used a voice and style in my writing that reflects my personality.
My sentences flowed together and were organized into logical paragraphs.
Application
I used strong , active verbs and clear, descriptive adjectives.
I included interesting events and details to give the reader a clear picture of the event in their mind.
C.O.P.S. (Capitals, Omissions, Punctuation, Spelling)

No comments:

Post a Comment