JellyPages.com

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Place Value Quiz
This quiz was sent home on Friday. I explained to the class that I apologize for it taking so long for these to be returned. We did a few follow up activities as a class and I needed to conference with several students one-on-one before I could send home the quiz.

Some students were shocked with their mark when they looked at the quiz. I did explain though that when it comes to a final grade for reports, I take into consideration ALL of the work that has been completed, including what each student did the best with. This is why I also included with the quiz a worksheet that students completed with place value and expanded form since several students did not do well with expanded form on the quiz but then did very well with it on the worksheet (in this case, the worksheet portion counts NOT the quiz portion).

A few students also wanted to know what level they received just on the quiz (even though I explained that this may change depending on how they did on the worksheet and other activities). Please find below the ranges for each level for just the quiz which was a mark out of 35.
Level 4: 28-35
Level 3: 24-27
Level 2: 21-23
Level 1: 17-20
I have also sent home (with the quiz) a worksheet for expanded form extra practice if I felt that this was something that would help your child.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Canned Food Drive
Just a reminder that the St. Stephen Canned Food Drive has begun! We have currently collected 32 cans as a class! Please continue to send in cans!!! The final day to bring in cans is Thursday, October 9. (Remember that the winning class gets a breakfast hosted by Mr. Santos and Mrs. Kelly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment